Any student engaging in any tertiary education program of a subject related to urban construction or any research student in the field of a subject related to urban construction will be qualified to be a Student Member, upon recommendation by a Professional Member or Fellow Member.
An applicant for Professional Member shall be recommended by at least two Professional Members and satisfy the assessment panel that one (1) of the following three (3) sets of minimum requirements (for the relevant field of expertise) are met.
– An applicant for Fellow Member shall at least fulfil the minimum requirements in respect of educational achievements and professional experience for a Professional Member.
– the applicant shall be recommended by at least two Fellow Members and satisfy the assessment panel that at least one of the following three (3) criteria are met:
(1) Having served in the Institute as a member of the board of directors, or any professional committee, or any functional committee for at least 4 years; or
(2) Having contributed significantly to the profession in urban construction through professional education, scientific research, or innovation; or
(3) Having contributed significantly to the society at large through achievements in enterprise activities or public service related to the subject of urban construction.
A candidate for election to the class of Honorary Fellow Member of the Institute shall be invited by the Board of Directors and supported by the Council.
Specific Professional Committees have been formed not only for the respective functions related to the particular profession, but also for assisting in the assessment of applications for membership according to the field of expertise claimed by the applicants. At present, there are nine (9) fields of expertise recognized by the Institute, namely “Architecture”, “Building Information Modelling”, “Building Services Engineering”, “Civil and Structural Engineering”, “Environmental Assessment”, “Green Building”, “Information Technology”, “Regulations and Compliance”, and “Surveying”. An assessment panel will be formed for assessing each application, and a professional interview may be conducted as necessary to ascertain the adequacy of the applicant to be admitted to the particular class of membership.
Go hand in hand with GBIUA and witness the prospect we can bring to building industry in the area. No matter who you are, an individual or someone who belongs to an organization, we can help expand your influence and growth through this course of big progress